Forms for Applicants and Students
All students who wish to enroll as a graduate student at NKU must submit a Graduate Application Form. Applications must be submitted for those who wish to apply as a degree seeking student (master's degree or doctoral degree), for a graduate certificate program, or as a non-degree seeking student who wishes to take graduate level classes but does not intend to pursue a degree or certificate.
Non-Refundable Application Fees
- Applications for master's degree, graduate certificate programs, and non-degree seeking students ...................$40.
- Applications for the doctoral program .........................................................................................................$55.
Visiting Student Form: Submit this form with the regular application to the Office of Graduate Programs if course credits are to be transferred to your home institution.
If you are a graduate student at another university and wish to take courses here at NKU, in addition to the application, we will need the Visiting Student Form. Please fill out the form and email it to the director of the program offering the class.
Letters of Recommendation:
Unless otherwise specified, please use this Recommendation Letter Form
Applicants for the programs listed below, please use the form for your program:
- Doctor of Education
- Education Specialist (Ed.S)
- Executive Leadership and Organizational Change (ELOC)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Masters of School Counseling
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MSCMHC)
Supplemental Application Forms
To check your application status, go back to the online application. Enter your e-mail address and password, then click on "Details" next to the Status field.
- Application for Graduation
Apply for graduation through your MyNKU account. You must apply in order to have a master's or doctorate degree, or graduate certificte conferred.
For more details on how to apply to graduate using MyNKU, please visit http://blog.nkugradschool.com/faqs/current-student-faqs/#graduation
- Change of Area of Concentration/Change of Catalog of Record: Change of Area of Concentration (change of major) and/or Change of Catalog of Record
- Transfer Credit: Transfer Credit Authorization Form
Please fill out this digital form, save as a word document (.doc or .docx) and email it as an attachment to your program director.
Please do not save as PDF. Please do not print and mail or hand deliver the form.
The program director will review the form and forward it to the director of graduate programs for final approval. You will receive confirmation of the decision via e-mail from the director of graduate programs. Your program director will let you know if any additional information is required, which can be sent directly to them.
- Thesis / Dissertation / Final Project: For forms associated with dissertations, theses, final projects, or comprehensive exams, please click here.
- Other Forms (click on the form name to open):
Address Update (online form)